Invisalign in Westmont, IL
Invisalign represent the most modern and safe method of teeth straightening. With coming of Invisalign, people no longer have to witness the social embarrassment of the metal wires protruding from the teeth. They are made of plastic or acrylic, are transparent and are custom-made to fit your teeth. The treatment involves wearing the clear brace all day long, for at least ten months and up to 2 years.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is only available in the dental office and can only be fitted after a dental examination. Invisalign is customized using a computer to match the treatment. A 3D model is generated to match the exact design of your patient’s mouth. The invisible brace is made which determines the crooked teeth that need to move towards a standard position. The first brace is used for 20 hours every day, for two weeks. After two weeks, a new impression is taken for a new brace. The number of braces used in a treatment varies between 18 and 30, depending on the teeth’s appearance and desired results.
Advantages of Invisalign in Westmont
- Invisible braces are barely noticeable and thus not affect your appearance.
- Invisible braces are removable thus if you wish to remove them for a brief period for a meeting or party or to eat or drink you may easily do so.
- Invisible braces are comfortable and smooth. There aren’t any protruding edges or sharp edges that irritate or scratch insides of the gums and mouth.
- As invisible braces treatment is fully computerized, you know exactly what to expect.
- Invisible braces need only a year or at a maximum year and a half to straighten the teeth.
Who qualifies for Invisalign?
Invisalign is only recommended for teenagers and adults. Children cannot benefit from this product because their jaws are still growing, and the invisible braces may interfere with their development. Also, for best results, it is advisable that the invisible braces are fitted only on mildly or moderately crooked teeth. If you have enough interdental space to support the tooth alignment, the invisible braces will yield perfect results. When the interdental space is missing, and the teeth are extremely crooked, it is advisable to ask the dentist for other teeth straightening alternatives.
Invisalign is a perfect option for people who lead a busy lifestyle but are looking for a perfect set of teeth. Contact us to know more about Invisalign in Westmont. Made using cutting edge technology and designed to fit fully your teeth, invisible braces are the ultimate choice when it comes to teeth straightening. Make an appointment now and see what we can do for you!